Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Nation of "Ethiopians"

Those of you who are reading this are probably wondering about my title. I am comparing those who live around us in the US to the Ethiopian that Philip talked to in Acts. This idea came to my attention as I was watching many videos on youtube of all the flashmobs that happen during the Christmas season. I wonder how many of those people really know what they are signing about. One song that is very popular is Handel's Hallelujah chorus. That chorus has many lines that are easy to sing, but not really understand what is being said. The lyrics that stuck out to me were "King of kings", "Lord of lords", and "He shall reign forever and ever." Those three lines along pretty much speak for themselves. So I challenge you if you have friends that do not follow Christ and enjoy Handel's Hallelujah Chorus ask them what they think the words mean. I think that we would find that we live with many "Ethiopians" around us in the church and outside of the church.

I hope that post makes sense. It sounded a lot better in my head before I wrote it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment