Well many of you know that I hold Alaska dear to my heart for many reasons. I would say the main reason is because of the ministry opportunity that I see in Alaska. While I was in college I spent two summers working in Alaska as an intern with Kingdom Air Corps. Our mission was to provide a place where flight and maintenance students could get real world experience in the mission field. The flight students especially get a lot of experience that they wouldn't get at a regular flight school and it was cheap flight time.
You might ask what does this have to do with my future? Well, this summer I am looking at going up for a week on a short term mission trip to help with airplane maintenance. I might actually be helping put two airplanes back together that will have been shipped up there from Kansas. I see this week as a trip to help shape my future working with Kingdom Air Corps.
As for the long term my goal right now is aimed at returning to Alaska to work with Kingdom Air Corps. The president of the organization as given me an invitation to come and work with them. I see it as an open door, all I need to do is walk through the door. I do have some obstacles that I feel I need to overcome before reaching that open door. The one big obstacle is debt. I would ask those of you who read this that you would be praying for me and my obstacles that I am overcoming. So, just in case you missed it my aim at this time is to return to Alaska and work with Kingdom Air Corps in full time missions work. As to when that might happen I really don't know at this time.
If you want more info on Kingdom Air Corps check out kingdomaircorps.org.
No comments:
Post a Comment