I know you aren't supposed to compare you life to others, but I find myself doing it all the time. It seems like I know so many people who have either been around the world or are currently living in another country. Also, it seems like every time I turn around someone else is getting married or having kids. I just wonder sometimes what happened to me? Did something go wrong?
Over the last couple of days these questions have been in my mind all the time. I have been finding myself looking at others and thinking how cool a life they are living. I feel like I am just slugging away at life here in Kansas. I have a hard time seeing how many people I might be affecting. I look at my friend's or family member's lives and I can see how they are making a difference. Sometimes I wish that I could know how many people I may have affected over my life. This brings up another question I deal with a lot. Am I really making a difference living my simple little life? I don't know about you, but these questions really start to wear you down after a while.
I would ask that whoever is reading this, you read it and consider carefully what you might say. I am not actually looking for advice. I am just getting some stuff off my mind. If you have been at this point and have overcome it let me know what you did. The one thing I am working on is, when I start to ponder these questions I go to the Word.
No comments:
Post a Comment