The other night at church I was talking with a missionary at my church the I was challenged to live a "disciplined life." At the time our main topics of discipline were with money and time. Over the last couple of days I have been pondering what we talked about. I feel that being "disciplined" goes farther than just with money and time. For me it goes down to going to bed on time so I can get up in the morning and be agreeable in the morning. Also I think that how I keep my house says a lot about me. If I am not disciplined in keep my house clean, how disciplined will I be in the rest of my life.
I think too many of us look at the big things like money and time, but we pass by the little things. I know that as being a single male people expect that my house won't be clean. I say no I am going to do my best to be disciplined to keep my house clean. That means that I need to keep my sink clean, bathroom clean, and the general mess cleaned up. I believe a lot of the time being disciplined in the "little things" will lead up to being disciplined in the "big things" of our lives.
This whole idea of being disciplined came up in conversation as to why I am not going out on the mission field quicker. My reason is debt. It wouldn't be so bad, but I have a considerable amount of credit card debt. That was pointed out to me as not being disciplined. Not the debt, but not really having a plan on how to pay off the debt was the not being disciplined part. My plan right now with God's help is to start living a "Disciplined Life." Not just with my time and money, but with my whole life. So if you are reading this join me in living a "Disciplined Life" and also help keep me accountable.
No comments:
Post a Comment