Thursday, October 13, 2011

Funny Stories

Tonight I don't have anything profound to say, so I thought I would share a couple of funny stories from when I was in Alaska working on helicopters. Enjoy.

So the other day I was trying to clean some really sticky stuff off of the rotor head of a helicopter. I was standing on the very top of a 6 foot ladder. The ladder was a special ladder it happened to have only 3 legs. I was rubbing really hard trying to get this stuff off and all of the sudden I lost my balance. I had nothing to hold onto and the only thing I could do was flail my arms and fall slowly to the ground.  Now just picture a 6'4" guy falling off of a 6' ladder in slow motion and you will picture me. In the process I put a nice big rip in my pants and I hit a very sensitive part of my body. 


This next story made me laugh just reading it. I actually don't remember this story other than what I wrote in the email that summer.




This morning I was filling out my paperwork for a 100 hr. Insp. It takes a lot of practice and patience to fill out all this paperwork. It also takes good eyesight and steady hands to write really small. Anyways I was writing away and I might have been pushing a little too hard. All I know is the end of my pen shot off and the main part flew past my ear and bounced off the wall behind me. Seeing as I was half asleep when this happened I was slightly dumbfounded for a couple minutes. All I could do is stare at my pen wondering what happened. It took me about 5 minutes to find all the parts of my pen so I could finish my paperwork. I just thought that you folks might want a little laugh. If I had my pen aimed slightly more to the left the parts from my pen would have bounced off of my glasses which really would have made me jump.


I hope these 2 stories might have given you a little laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment