Monday, October 10, 2011

October 10, 2011

I hope that those of you who are reading my blog will enjoy it. I am going to use it as a place to reflect on what I have been reading most recently. It will also go along with my major decision that I will be making in the spring. For those who don't know I am considering whether to stay in Kansas, go back to Alaska as a missionary, or go overseas with some other mission organization. Well I hope that is enough foundation for now.

Over the last few weeks I have been reading "Through Gates of Splendor" by Elisabeth Elliot. I finished the book tonight and the ending was very powerful. What I found interesting was the impact that the deaths of these men had not just here in the US but all around the world. It was mentioned that a tribe of indians in Brazil heard of the death of these men and they fell on their knees in repentance before God, because they had not reached their neighboring tribe that did not know of Christ. I am hoping that by reading this book and others about men and women of faith I will follow their examples. At the same time I cannot forget to keep studying God's word. 

I apologize for how random this post sounds. I am hoping as time goes on I will be able to gather my thoughts better. Also as you read these posts I hope that you would keep me in prayer as I am facing a tough decision here in the coming months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment